4th Meeting of the FROST-2014 participants was held in Moscow from 29 to 31 October 2014.
On the picture in the 1st row (from left to right and bottom-up): Yuri Melnichuk, Galina Zaimsky, Larisa Nikitina, Inna Rozinkina, Dmitry Kiktev, Gdaly Rivin. In the 2nd row: Philippe Steiner, Elena Astakhova, Anatoly Muravev, Andrea Montani, Ekaterina Kazakova, Inger-Lise Frogner, Thomas Nippen. In the 3rd row: Alexander Baklanov, Arkadi Koldaev, Marina Shatunova, Anastasiya Bundel, Pertti Nurmi, Benedikt Bica, Suleiman Mostamandi, Michael Tsyrulnikov. In the upper row: Denis Blinov, Alexander Kirsanov, Valery Lakyanov, Evgeny Vasilev, Andrew Chaika, Dmitry Alferov, Kwang Deug Ahn, Mikhail Kovtunenko, Jong Chul Ha, Tatyana Dmitrieva.
Wide range of issues was discussed at the meeting:
- Experience of meteorological services during the Olympic and Paralympic Games in February-March 2014;
- Project archive of forecasts and observations;
- Project forecast verification and intercomparison;
- Preliminary results and outcomes;
- Lessons learned (and probably their implications for the next Olympics/project);
- Potential joint studies and papers;
- Pending issues and further activities needed.